The NLCS gets started tonight while Adam Wainwright will be a Cardinal for at least little while longer
The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we’re running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- The National League Championship Series gets under way tonight with the Brewers hosting the Dodgers. It doesn’t get much better than October baseball.
- Adam Wainwright struggled with injuries and Father Time this past season, but he will be will a Cardinal for at least one more season as he signed an extension yesterday.
- Diamondbacks reliever Brad Ziegler has announced his retirement after 11 seasons in the majors.
- The Nationals are already getting a jump-start on building their roster for next year, as they have acquired Kyle Barraclough from the Marlins.
- How hard is life as a minor-league baseball player? Our Andersen Pickard talked with Blake McFarland, who started an Instagram account called @minorleaguegrinders to illustrate the daily struggles.
- All of this year’s division series were decided in four games or less, as the Red Sox finished off their ALDS victory over the Yankees on Monday night and advanced to the ALCS, joining the Astros, Dodgers, and Brewers as part of the Championship Series field.
- Winning 90 games with a roster full of rookies and reclamation projects is clearly a good way for a manager to earn a contract extension, as Kevin Cash proved when the Rays extended his deal through 2024 (with an option for 2025) on Monday.
- Erik Kratz wasn’t a name that one was looking to keep an eye on this postseason, but he has turned into one of the better stories during the 2018 playoffs.
- Our Andersen Pickard broke down every postseason series up to the Fall Classic and made his predictions for each matchup.
- MLBDD’s Anthony Spaulding made the cases for the NL Silver Slugger candidates at each position.
- After 11 seasons spread over two managerial stints in Toronto, John Gibbons is out as the Blue Jays’ manager.
- After four years at the helm with the Twins, Minnesota native Paul Molitor will not return in 2019.
- Andersen Pickard took a look at the teams that have under-performed expectations this season and how it happened.
- Let’s talk about trading Mike Trout — and yes, talk civilly with indoor voices. Our Stephen Tolbert doesn’t focus on the ethics of should you trade Mike Trout, but rather could you trade him.
- With the Rockies out, World Series matchups are beginning to take more of a shape. But which one would be the most fun?
- There are quite a few legitimate contenders in the National League this year, so our own Anthony Spaulding went through the obvious candidates for NL Manager of the Year.